Sunday, November 7, 2010

My cow moment, Montbrun-Bocage, France

Curious cows, french countryside (f/2.8, 1/8000, ISO 400)
Some say photography is all about luck and having the right gear. I don't disagree completely with that statement, for there is certainly a big part of luck. But if you are staying home watching TV, capturing interesting pictures is not going to happen. 
On a nice afternoon in the southwest of France, I decided to finally go check out a farm near my in-laws', where there were supposed to be cows. As often, I wasn't prepared and my camera wasn't set up properly. In a split second, what appeared to be uninteresting subjects, turned into this picture. Yes, each one of them was very busy feeding. Suddenly they realized I was there and started running at me. I was quite scared for a second as I wasn't prepared to wrestle seven 800 pounds mammals, each armed with unpleasant weapons. They all stopped in front of me, stroked by curiosity perhaps. I took the shot and gently walked away, in case they'd change their mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment