Sunday, November 14, 2010

Carousel, Downtown Houston

Families gathering around the carousel at the Aquarium, Downtown Houston


The challenge with babies carrying some form of disabilities is to get their attention and make sure they will react to some degree of stimulus. The usual environment may just not do the trick and it is best to go out, if possible. Grocery stores are just fine, aquariums are even better. What I didn't realize is that the aquarium in Houston had a carousel.


The location is pretty amazing and it was great to see the little guy get so interested in the rapid movements of lights and objects, in this case sea creatures. Yes, even the small kids will love it, and that is why they will beg their parents so often to try it, again and again.


Luckily enough, I was carrying my tripod, which I never do so I managed to take longer exposures, especially after sunset. I still can't understand how the three adults and a baby on the picture at the top of this page managed to stay still during the time it took to take this photo, but I am thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment