Friday, October 1, 2010

Delicate Arch, Arches National Park - Utah

Delicate Arch


Delicate Arch in Arches National Park is perhaps the most famous natural arch in the world. It appears in many books, publications and prints. It is certainly one of these places where it is nearly impossible to take a new perspective, to create an original composition. One can hope to witness a unique weather while being there. It wasn't for me. 


It took me around 45 minutes to get there, it was two and a half hours before sunset. I had other plans for sunset and just wanted to take a glimpse of Delicate Arch. I couldn't leave it. I had to see it becoming orange when the sun is at a low-angle, just before sunset. I was so amazed, I forgot to walk around to change the perspective. As I was early, I could choose the spot I wanted. I want my wife and kid to see this place one day so I know I will be back. And this time, I will walk around and experiment.






What I like about such places, is that it is full of people sharing the same passion, for hiking or photography. That night, I met a British citizen, who's name remains unknown. What I remember, is that he was about to cross the Rockies on his bicycle. His plans were to bike to the East Coast and fly back home. What was exceptional is that he left the UK a couple of weeks back, and biked East crossing all Europe, Asia and Australia. What an adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment