Friday, October 1, 2010

The Smallest Mirror

White on White
That night, I wasn't prepared to use my camera. The night before, perhaps, as I was trying to manually adjust the white balance to the white wall of our bedroom. Instead I was reading a book, a french comic or should I say a Bande-Dessinée. Matt was playing with a few toys on our bed. Even better, my wife Raphaëlle had left a small mirror behind, one of those small ones carried by women, just in case. I suddenly saw Matt's reflection on the mirror. The inspiration came right away, so I jumped out of my bed to catch my camera which was already set up. I took a few shots, not without difficulties as toddlers move a lot. He even started playing with the camera's cord. I love these two shots. I was lucky that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment